Karen is a Managing Partner of Fiduciary Investment Advisors, LLC (FIA), where she is a senior consultant with over 20 years of institutional investment advisory experience. Karen works with corporate for profit and tax-exempt clients, advising them on their retirement plans and also with non-profit endowments and foundations. She sits on FIA’s Investment Committee and the Defined Contribution Strategic Oversight Committee. Karen also oversees FIA’s retirement plan participant education/advice services.
Prior to founding FIA, Karen was a Vice President and PRIME Consultant at UBS Financial Services Inc. for nearly ten years. Her prior experience includes Advest, Inc., where she was a retirement advisor, and Fleet Bank, where she was a Vice President in the commercial banking division.
In 2015, Karen was named to the inaugural list of the National Association of Pension Advisors (NAPA) Net’s Top Women Advisors. She completed the PLANSPONSOR Institute’s PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional (PRP) program and attained the PRP designation. She also holds the designation of Certified Investment Management Analyst, sponsored by the Investment Management Consultant’s Association (IMCA) and taught in conjunction with The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and is a current member of the Investments and Wealth Institute.
- University of Hartford Barney School of Business, BSBA (summa cum laude)
- Jr. Apprentice, Board member
- Girl Scouts of Connecticut, Investment Committee Chair
- VNA Healthcare, Inc., past Fund Board member
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Speaking Engagement – Pension & Investments West Coast Defined Contribution Conference, “It’s Process, Process, Process” (October 2017)
- Speaking Engagement – Pensions & Investments Conference, “Bridging the Gender Gap and Serving Other Diverse Participant Groups” (May 2017)
- Speaking Engagement – Opal Financial Group’s Endowment & Foundation Forum, Asset Allocation: How to Adapt to the New Normal (October 2013)
- White Paper – Fee Equalization: Is it Right for Your Organization’s DC Plan? (September 2013)
- White Paper – Defined Contribution Legislative Happenings (October 2011)
Cooking, golf, fitness, travel (preferably when combined)