Kate is a Senior Consultant at Fiduciary Investment Advisors, LLC (FIA) and has spent over 19 years serving the investment advisory and actuarial needs of both public and private clients. She has significant experience in developing and overseeing liability-driven investment strategies, asset allocation, and plan design considerations. Prior to joining FIA, she was a Managing Director in Hooker & Holcombe’s investment advisory group where she consulted on institutional retirement plans and oversaw their private client area. Kate was also a Senior Investment Strategist and fixed income portfolio manager for Prime Advisors, Inc., where she managed investment portfolios for mid-sized insurance clients.
Kate has earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation. She is also a credentialed actuary experienced in pension valuations.
- Boston University, BA
- Member of the CFA Institute and CFA Society Hartford
- Member of the Society of Actuaries
- Grader for the CFA Institute’s Research Challenge Investment Competition
- South Windsor Child Development Center, Board of Directors
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- White Paper – Cash Balance Plan Design: Super-size your Retirement Benefits (January 2019)
- Speaking Engagement – NESGFOA Annual Conference, Planning Today for Your Tomorrow (September 2018)
- Speaking Engagement – SHRM Annual Conference, Empower & Engage Your Employees (April 2018)
- Speaking Engagement – CTCPA Personal Financial Planning Conference, Municipal Bonds After Puerto Rico (December 2016)
Bedtime chats with my daughters, taking advantage of the outdoors, playing the piano, family time