Kate is a Senior Consultant at Fiduciary Investment Advisors, LLC (FIA) and has spent 20 years serving the investment and actuarial needs of municipalities, corporations, and non-profit institutions. She has significant experience developing and overseeing liability-driven investment strategies, strategic asset allocation, spending policies, and plan design considerations. Kate’s clients include defined benefit and defined contribution plan sponsors, endowments, and foundations. Prior to joining FIA, she was a Managing Director in Hooker & Holcombe’s investment advisory group where she consulted on institutional retirement plans and oversaw their private client area. Kate was also a Senior Investment Strategist and fixed income portfolio manager for Prime Advisors, Inc., where she managed bond portfolios for her insurance-company clients.
Kate has earned the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation. She is also a credentialed actuary experienced in pension valuations.
- Boston University, BA
- Member of the CFA Institute and CFA Society Hartford
- Member of the Society of Actuaries
- Grader for the CFA Institute’s Research Challenge Investment Competition
- South Windsor Child Development Center, Board of Directors
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Speaking Engagement – P&I Conferences: Managing Pension Risks and Liabilities (October 2019)
- White Paper – To Start or Not to Start LDI, That is the Question (August 2019)
- Speaking Engagement – OPAL Group Public Funds Summit East (July 2019)
- White Paper – Cash Balance Plan Design: Super-size your Retirement Benefits (January 2019)
- Speaking Engagement – NESGFOA Annual Conference (September 2018)
- Speaking Engagement – SHRM Annual Conference (April 2018)
- Speaking Engagement – CTCPA Personal Financial Planning Conference (December 2016)
Bedtime chats with my daughters, taking advantage of the outdoors, playing the piano, family time